Hello
This is how we meet, I presume
Perhaps through a friend
Maybe at church, as we sit a few rows apart
It may be unwise of me to wonder
"Have we already? Have we yet to?"
But, Abba, please humor me as You always do

Hello
I think he says with a warm smile
It's the kind that welcomes and accepts
It hints at a deep, abounding joy and security
By then, I like to think the same smile forms on my face
Because of his presence - more so, Yours - in that place

Hello
Conversation sputters to life
With one greeting and a few simple words
It hitches a bit in the middle and starts up once more
But then we pause in awe, thinking, "Lord, You planned this long before!"

Hello
For the first time, we hear each other laugh
His, a pleasant chortle; mine, a mix of cackle and almost-snort
Abba, couldn't You have made mine of the adorable sort?

Abba, I cannot explain this hope that springs forth, budding
And while I can go on forever imagining
Of when You bring us before each other, standing

I will be waiting
Beside You, with You, for You

And even long after this, I will be waiting